Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Change 1 2-655
(1) Remove three screws from PDP.
(2) Remove three screws and washers from
(3) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(4) Disconnect connector P51 from connector
(5) Set multimeter to ohms.
(6) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector PX33 socket A1.
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
connector J51 pin 2 and note reading on
(8) If continuity is not present, repair wire 490
from connector PX33 socket A1 to
connector J51 pin 2 (para 2-40) or replace
WTEC II dashboard cable assembly
(9) Connect connector PX33 to WTEC II VIM.
(10) Tighten screw in connector PX33.
(11) Install kick panel (para 16-3).