Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Disconnect connector P87 from backup
(2) Set multimeter to ohms.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P51 socket 2.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector P87 and note reading on
(5) If continuity is not present, repair wire 490
from connector P51 socket 2 to
connector P87 (para 2-40) or replace rear
lights cable assembly (para 7-75).
(6) Connect connector P87 to backup light
(7) Connect connector P51 to connector J51.
(8) Install PDP on dashboard with three screws.
(9) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
Change 1 2-671