Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuit
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
(1) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(2) Remove three screws and washers from PDP.
(3) Remove three screws from PDP.
(4) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(5) Disconnect connector J27 from connector P27.
(6) Set multimeter to volts dc.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector J27-14 (LH) or J27-11 (RH).
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(9) Position main light switch to STOPLIGHT
(10) Position turn signal switch to up for
right turn signal operation or down for
left turn signal operation (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(11) If 12 vdc is not present, repair wire 1581
(LH) or wire 1524 (RH) (para 2-40) or
replace WTEC II dashboard cable assembly
(para 7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).
(12) If 12 vdc is present, repair wire 461 (LH)
or wire 460 (RH) (para 2-40) or replace
front lights cable assembly (para 7-74).
(13) Position main light switch to OFF
(14) Position turn signal switch to middle
(off) (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(15) Connect connector P27 to connector J27.
(16) Install PDP on dashboard with three screws.
(17) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(18) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).