Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Change 1 2-715
(1) Disconnect connector P74 (LH) or
connector P61 (RH) from stoplight connector.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P74 or connector P61.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(5) Position master power switch to on
(6) Position main light switch to STOPLIGHT
(7) Apply brakes and note reading on multimeter.
(8) If 12 VDC is not present, go to step 6 of
(9) If 12 VDC is present, replace composite
taillight assembly (para 7-32).
(10) Position master power switch to off
(11) Position main light switch to OFF
(12) Connect connector P74 or connector P61
to stoplight connector.