Change 1 2-739
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(2) Remove three screws and washers from
(3) Remove three screws from PDP.
(4) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(5) Disconnect connector J51 from connector
(6) Set multimeter to ohms.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector PX15 socket N.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 6 and note reading
(9) If continuity is not present, repair wire 23
from connector PX15 socket N to
connector J51 pin 6 (para 2-40) or replace
WTEC II dashboard cable assembly (para
7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).
(10) If continuity is present, repair wire 23
from connector P51socket 6 to splice E18
(para 2-40) or replace rear lights cable
assembly (para 7-75).
(11) Connect connector PX15 to main light
(12) Install instrument panel assembly
(13) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(14) Install PDP on dashboard with three
(15) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(16) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).