Change 1 2-753
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
(1) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(2) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to relay K28 terminal 30 on PDP.
(3) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(4) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note reading
(5) If 24 VDC is not present, repair wire 1957
from K28 terminal 30 on PDP to circuit
breaker CB41 terminal 2 (para 2-40) or
replace WTEC II dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-10) or WTEC III
dashboard cable assembly (para 7-11).
(6) Position main light switch to OFF
(1) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(2) Remove relay K28 from PDP.
(3) Set multimeter to ohms.
(4) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J130 socket E.
(5) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to relay K28 terminal 87 on PDP and note
reading on multimeter.
(6) If continuity is not present, go to step 6
of this fault.