Change 1 2-757
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove three screws and washers from
(2) Remove three screws from PDP.
(3) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(4) Disconnect connector J51 from connector
(5) Set multimeter to ohms.
(6) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to relay K28 terminal 87 on PDP.
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 9 and note reading
(8) If continuity is not present, repair wire
489T from relay K28 terminal 87 on PDP
to connector J51 pin 9 (para 2-40) or
replace WTEC II dashboard assembly
(para 7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
assembly (para 7-11).
(9) Install relay K28 in PDP.