Change 1 2-789
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P53R from
(2) Set multimeter to ohms.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P51 socket 10.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector P53R sockets 7 and 9 and
pin 10, one at a time, and note reading
(5) If continuity is not present, repair wire
484T from connector P51 socket 10
to connector P53R socket 7 or 9 or pin
10 (para 2-40) or replace rear lights
cable assembly (para 7-75).
(6) If continuity is present, replace
intervehicular 24 VDC (12 pin) cable
(7) Connect connector P53R to connector
(8) Connect connector P51 to connector J51.
(9) Install PDP on dashboard with three
(10) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(11) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).