Change 1 2-807
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(2) Remove three screws and washers from
(3) Remove three screws from PDP.
(4) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(5) Disconnect connector J51 from connector
(6) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 12.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(9) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(10) Position turn signal switch to left turn
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note reading
(11) If 12 VDC pulse is not present, repair
wire 461B from connector J51 pin 12
to splice E3.
(12) Position main light switch to OFF
(13) Position turn signal switch to off
(14) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(15) Install PDP on dashboard with three
(16) Install three washers and screws in PDP.
(17) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).