Change 1 2-815
Install plastic cable ties as required.
(10) Position main light switch to OFF
(11) Connect connector P52R to connector
VOLTAGE TEST (Cont)
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P52R from
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P52R pin 7.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(5) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(6) Position turn signal switch to right turn
(7) If 12 VDC pulse is not present, repair
wire 460B from connector P51 socket
11 to connector P52R pin 7 (para 2-40)
or replace rear lights cable assembly
(8) If 12 VDC pulse is present, replace rear
intervehicular 12 VDC (7 pin) cable
(9) Position turn signal switch to off
Remove plastic cable ties as required.