Change 1 2-817
(1) Lift cover on connector J95 intervehicular
12 VDC connector.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J95 pin 4.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(5) Position master power switch to on
(6) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(7) Apply brakes and note reading on
(8) If 12 VDC is not present, go to step 2 of
(9) If 24 VDC is present, perform Electrical
System Troubleshooting e59. One or
Both Stoplights Do Not Illuminate, if towed
vehicle is FMTV. If towed vehicle is not
FMTV, refer to towed vehicle TM for
(10) Position main light switch to OFF
(11) Position master power switch to off
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.