Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
(1) Lift dust boot from terminal lug TL2.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to terminal lug TL2.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
ground and note reading on multimeter.
(5) If 24 VDC is not present, replace 100 AMP
alternator to reverse polarity relay 24 VDC
cable (para 7-66) or replace 200 AMP
alternator to terminal block 12 VDC
cable (para 20-61).
(6) Position dust boot on terminal lug TL2.
(7) Disconnect batteries (para 7-48).
(8) Lower cab (TM9-2320-365-10).
(9) Install relay K11 in PDP.
(10) Install PDP cover (para 16-2).
(11) Connect batteries (para 7-48).
Change 1 2-1016.7