Remove rings, bracelets, watches,
necklaces, and any other jewelry
before working around vehicle.
Jewelry can catch on equipment
and cause injury or short across
electrical circuit and cause severe
burns or electrical shock. Batteries
can explode from a spark. Battery
acid is harmful to skin and eyes.
Always wear eye protection and
rubber gloves when working with
(1) Remove battery box cover (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Open fuse holder on battery tester.
(3) Remove fuse from fuse holder.
(4) Set multimeter to ohms.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
one end of fuse.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
other end of fuse and note reading on
(7) If continuity is not present, replace battery
tester 3 milliamp fuse (para 7-45).