(1) Check fuel sample from step 1 for water,
debris, and contamination.
(2) If fuel is not free from contamination, flush
fuel tank, fuel hoses, and replace fuel filters.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes
will not exceed 30 psi (207 Kpa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal
protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves,
etc). Failure to comply may result in injury to
Diesel fuel is flammable. If fuel is spilled,
clean it up immediately. Failure to comply
may result in serious injury or death to
(1) Disconnect fuel return hose from fuel
pressure regulating valve.
(2) Disconnect fuel return hose from fuel tank.
(3) Apply compressed air to one end of fuel
(4) If compressed air does not flow freely
through fuel return hose, replace fuel
return hose (para 4-9).
(5) If compressed air flows freely through
fuel return hose, notify DS Maintenance.
(6) Connect fuel return hose to fuel pressure
(7) Connect fuel return hose to fuel tank.
Change 1 2-105