Starting fluid is toxic and highly
flammable. Container is pressurized.
NEVER heat container and NEVER
discharge starting fluid in confined
areas or near open flame. Failure to
comply may result in serious injury
or death to personnel.
Temperature at engine block
must be below 100° F
(38° C) before ether starting
aid will work.
ETHER CYLINDER INSPECTION
ETHER VALVE TEST
(1) Position master power switch to on (TM
(2) Press ether start switch (TM 9-2320-365-10)
and listen for ether valve to click.
(3) Position master power switch to off (TM
(1) Remove ether cylinder (para 4-15).
(2) Shake ether cylinder to determine
if ether is present.
(3) Check ether cylinder for damage.
(4) Install ether cylinder (para 4-15).