(1) Pressurize radiator overflow tank, using
tester, to 15 psi (103 kPa).
(2) Observe radiator overflow tank for coolant
Do not pressurize over 16 psi (110 kPa).
Failure to comply may result in damage
to cooling system.
Coolant may be very hot and under pressure
from engine operation. Ensure engine is cool
before performing troubleshooting. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Pressure loss without external leaks
indicates engine internal coolant leaks.
(3) Observe radiator tester for loss of
(4) If cooling system does not maintain
pressure, go to step 8 of this fault.
(5) Remove tester and test kit from radiator
(6) Install radiator cap on radiator overflow
Change 1 2-133