Coolant may be very hot and under pressure
from engine operation. Ensure engine is cool
before performing troubleshooting. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Do not pressurize over 16 psi (110 kPa).
Failure to comply may result in damage
to cooling system.
(1) Pressurize radiator overflow tank, using
tester, to 15 psi (103 kPa).
(2) Observe hoses for coolant leaks.
Pressure loss without external leaks
indicates engine internal coolant leaks.
(3) Observe radiator tester for loss of pressure.
(4) If no external leaks are present, perform
Cooling System Troubleshooting (d2. Oil
in Cooling System).
(5) If external leaks are present, replace upper
coolant hose (para 6-10), radiator overflow
tank hose(s), or radiator overflow tank
(6) Remove tester and test kit from radiator
(7) Install radiator cap on radiator overflow
Change 1 2-141