COOLING SYSTEM PRESSURE TEST
Coolant may be very hot
and under pressure from
engine operation. Ensure
engine is cool before
Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(4) Pressurize radiator overflow tank, using
tester, to 15 psi (103 kPa).
(5) Observe radiator and radiator overflow
tank for coolant leaks.
Do not pressurize over
16 psi (110 kPa). Failure
to comply may result in
damage to cooling system.
Pressure loss without
external leaks indicates
internal coolant leaks.
(1) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Check radiator, radiator overflow tank,
and coolant hoses and tubes for leaks
(1) Remove radiator cap from radiator overflow
(2) Install test kit on radiator overflow tank.
(3) Install pressure tester on test kit.
(6) Observe radiator tester for loss of pressure.
(7) Remove pressure tester and test kit from
radiator overflow tank.
(8) Install radiator cap on radiator overflow
Change 1 2-144.1