Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back or not
capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect batteries (para 7-48).
(2) Apply adhesive to auxiliary starter solenoid.
(3) Apply adhesive to solenoid right terminal
(4) Disconnect connector clamp from oil
pressure switch connector.
(5) Disconnect connector P34 from oil pressure
(6) Set multimeter to ohms.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to oil pressure switch connector socket 1.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
oil pressure switch connector pin 2 and
note reading on multimeter.
(9) If continuity is not present, replace oil
pressure switch (para 7-40).
Change 1 2-171