Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
(1) Connect batteries (para 7-48).
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
When testing to terminal X2 on PDP, ensure
that multimeter probes come in contact with
the outside metal ring. Failure to comply
may result in false troubleshooting test
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
terminal X2 on PDP
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
ground and note reading on multimeter.
(5) If 12 VDC is not present, go to step 11 of
Change 1 2-256.5