(1) Set multimeter to ohms.
(2) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to terminal lug TL52.
(3) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
terminal lug TL48 and note reading on
(4) If continuity is not present, replace
battery to shunt cable assembly (para
(5) If continuity is present, replace starter to
chassis ground cable (para 7-83).
(6) Install terminal lug TL52 on shunt with
lockwasher and screw.
(7) Position air hose on intake air cleaner
boot with clamp.
(8) Tighten clamp to 36-48 lb-in. (4-5 N.m).
(9) Raise spare tire (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(10) Connect batteries (para 7-48).
Change 1 2-256.17