(1) Remove four batteries from battery box
(2) Test batteries for serviceability (TM 9-6140-
(3) Charge battery(ies) if discharged but
serviceable (TM 9-6140-200-14).
(4) Replace battery(ies) if unserviceable (para
(5) Install four batteries in battery box (para 7-
BATTERY SPECIFIC GRAVITY TEST
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuit
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Batteries can explode from a spark. Battery
acid is harmful to skin and eyes. Always wear
eye protection and rubber gloves when working
Change 1 2-259