Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Change 1 2-312.1
(1) Connect connector PX9 to fuel gage
(2) Connect connector clamp on fuel gage
(3) Install instrument panel assembly
(4) Set multimeter to ohms.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P82 socket 2.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to a known good ground and note
reading on multimeter.
(7) If continuity is not present, repair wire
3001 from connector P82 socket 2 to
terminal lug TL83 (para 2-40) or replace
start and charging cable assembly
(8) If continuity is present, replace fuel level
sensor (para 4-8).
(9) Connect connector P82 to fuel level
(10) Connect connector clamp on fuel level