Perform steps (13) through (16) if
continuity is present.
(13) Connect connector P901 to tachometer
(14) Connect connector clamp on tachometer
(15) Position auxiliary panel on auxiliary panel
housing with six screws.
(16) Tighten six screws to 18 lb-in. (2 N·m).
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Connect connector P38 to engine speed
(2) Connect connector clamp on engine speed
(3) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(4) Remove instrument panel assembly for
access (para 7-15).
(5) Disconnect connector P31 from connector
(6) Set multimeter to ohms.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P901 pin 4.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector J31 pin 8 and note reading
(9) If continuity is not present, go to step 8 of
(10) If continuity is present, repair wire 1444
from connector P31 socket 8 to connector
P38 pin 1 (para 2-40) or replace engine
control cable assembly (para 7-72).
(11) Connect connector P31 to connector J31.
(12) Install instrument panel assembly (para
Change 1 2-356.1