Perform steps (8) through (11) if
continuity is present.
(8) Connect connector P901 to tachometer
(9) Connect connector clamp on tachometer
(10) Position auxiliary panel on auxiliary panel
housing with six screws.
(11) Tighten six screws to 18 lb-in. (2 N·m).
Change 1 2-356.3
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector PX26 from
frequency ECU connector.
(2) Set multimeter to ohms.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P901 pin 4.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to connector PX26 socket 1 and note
reading on multimeter.
(5) If continuity is not present, go to step 9 of
(6) If continuity is present, repair wire 1444
from connector PX26 socket 1 to
connector J31 pin 8 (para 2-40) or replace
WTEC II dashboard cable assembly (para
7-10) or WTEC III dashboard cable
(7) Connect connector PX26 to frequency