2-6. SERVICE BEFORE OPERATION (CONT)
b. Inspection and Servicing Equipment.
If vehicle has been driven to the using organization, most or all of the following work should have been
(1) When vehicle is received, inspect all items for damage that may have occurred during shipping and unloading
operations. Pay close attention to any loose or missing nuts, bolts, screws, access plates, drain plugs, draincocks, oil
plugs, assemblies, subassemblies, or components that may be easily lost or broken in transit. Check Basic Issue Items
(BII) against checklist to make sure all items are accounted for and are in good condition (TM 9-2320-365-10-HR).
Carefully list all discrepancies.
Dry Cleaning Solvent P-D-680 is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from open flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry
Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using Dry Cleaning Solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes,
immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(2) Clean all exterior surfaces coated with rust-preventive compound with Dry Cleaning Solvent (Item 71, Appendix
(3) Perform the Semiannual Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS), Table 2-1.
(4) Lubricate all points shown in Appendix H regardless of interval. Schedule services in accordance with DA Pam
(5) Initial Service Intervals:
a. Initial 500 miles (805 km) of operation:
(1) Perform Front and Rear Axle oil change.
(2) Perform Front Axle Wheel end Planetary Hub oil change.
b. Initial 1,000 miles (1,609 km) of operation:
Tighten self-locking nuts on leaf spring U-bolt to 390-510 lb-ft (529-692 N·m), in 50 lb-ft (68 N·m) increments, in a
c. Initial 5,000 miles (8,045 km) of operation:
(1) Perform Engine oil and filter change.
(2) Perform Transmission oil and filter change.
(6) Activate battery if vehicle is delivered with dry-charged battery (TM 9-6140-200-14).