Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
(1) Remove four screws from LH cab marker
Do not let wires slip through hole into
cab structure. If wires slip into cab
structure, vehicle will need further
disassembly to retrieve wires.
(2) Remove nut, lockwasher, terminal lug
TL133, and lockwasher from LH cab
marker light base. Discard
(3) Extend base and disconnect connector
P129 from marker light connector.
(4) Remove gasket from LH cab marker light
base. Discard gasket.
(5) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(6) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P129 socket.
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(8) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note reading on
(9) If 12 VDC is not present, go to step 13 of
(14) Install LH cab marker light base on
vehicle with four screws.
(15) Install LH cab marker light lamp in socket.
(16) Install lens cover on base with two
(10) Position main light switch to OFF (TM 9-
(11) Install gasket on LH cab marker light base.
(12) Connect marker light connector to
(13) Install lockwasher, terminal lug TL133,
lockwasher, and nut on back of LH cab
marker light base.
Change 1 2-548.3
VOLTAGE TEST (Cont)