(1) Remove four screws from RH door marker
Do not let wires slip through
hole into cab structure. If wires
slip into cab structure, vehicle
will need further disassembly
to retrieve wires.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(2) Remove nut, lockwasher, terminal lug TL131,
and lockwasher from RH door marker light
base. Discard lockwashers.
(3) Extend base and disconnect connector P131
from marker light connector.
(4) Remove gasket from RH door marker light
base. Discard gasket.
(5) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(6) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P131 socket.
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(8) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note reading on
(9) If 12 VDC is not present, repair wire 1947
from connector P131 socket to splice
E22 (para 2-40) or replace RH door and cab
marker lights cable assembly (para 7-57).
(10) Position main light switch to OFF
Change 1 2-556.3