Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Disconnect connector P3 from connector J3.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector P3 socket 1.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(5) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note reading on
(6) If 12 VDC is not present, repair wire 1951
(para 2-40) from connector P3 socket 1 to
terminal lug TL74 or replace M1081cab
clearance and marker lights lower cable
assembly (para 7-55).
(7) Position main light switch to OFF
Change 1 2-571