Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector P86 from LH rear
marker light connector.
(2) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector P86.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(5) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note reading
(6) If 12 VDC is not present, repair wire 489
from connector P86 to splice E16
(para 2-40) and go to step 5 of this fault
if required or replace rear lights cable
assembly (para 7-75) and go to step 1 of
(7 If 12 VDC is present, replace LH rear marker
light (para 7-31) and go to step 5 of this
fault if required.
(8) Position main light switch to OFF
(9) Connect LH rear marker light connector to
Change 1 2-584.5