Change 1 2-594.1
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove PDP cover (para 16-2).
(2) Remove three screws and washers from
(3) Remove three screws from PDP.
(4) Lift PDP outward to gain access.
(5) Disconnect connector P51 from
(6) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(7) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J51 pin 3.
(8) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
(9) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note reading
(10) If 12 VDC is not present, go to step 10 of
(11) If 12 VDC is present, repair wire 21 from
connector P51 socket 3 to splice E20
(para 2-40) or replace rear lights cable
assembly (para 7-75).
(12) Position main light switch to OFF
(13) Connect connector J51 to connector P51.
(14) Install PDP on dashboard with three screws.
(15) Install three washers and screws in PDP.