Remove rings, bracelets, watches,
necklaces, and any other jewelry
before working around vehicle.
Jewelry can catch on equipment
and cause injury or short across
electrical circuit and cause severe
burns or electrical shock. Batteries
can explode from a spark. Battery
acid is harmful to skin and eyes.
Always wear eye protection when
working with batteries.
(1) Disconnect NATO plug from NATO power
(2) Set multimeter to volts dc.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
inside of NATO power cable receptacle.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
outside of NATO power cable receptacle and
note reading on multimeter.
(5) If 24 vdc is not present, replace NATO
power cable (para 7-63).