Change 1 2-2118.1/(2-2118.2 Blank)
Drop hydraulic pressure to zero before
disconnecting any hydraulic hoses. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Hydraulic fluid (MIL-H-5606) is TOXIC. Wear
protective goggles and gloves; use only in well
ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes,
and clothes. Skin and clothing that come into
contact with hydraulic fluid should be washed
immediately. Saturated clothing should be
removed immediately. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes
will not exceed 30 psi (270 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal
protective equipment (goggles, shields,
gloves, etc.). Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel.
Perform steps (1) through (11) on hydraulic
(1) Remove pin from hydraulic manifold cover
and raise cover.
(2) Cycle FUNCTION SELECT knob through all
(3) Cycle SPARE TIRE knob through both
(4) Remove screw, knob, and SPARE TIRE
valve from hydraulic manifold.
(5) Remove orifice filter (if equipped) from
(6) If debris is present in orifice filter, replace
(7) Remove orifice screw from hydraulic
(8) If debris is present in orifice screw, clean
orifice screw with compressed air.
If no orifice filter was previously installed,
install orifice filter at this time.
(9) Install orifice screw and orifice filter in
(10) Position SPARE TIRE valve and knob on
hydraulic manifold with screw.
(11) Tighten screw to 5-15 lb-in. (1-2 N·m).
Cont. on page 2-2118.3.