Drop hydraulic pressure to zero before
disconnecting any hydraulic hoses. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Hydraulic fluid (MIL-H-5606) is TOXIC. Wear
protective goggles and gloves; use only in well
ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes,
and clothes. Skin and clothing that come into
contact with hydraulic fluid should be washed
immediately. Saturated clothing should be
removed immediately. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Change 1 2-2119/(2-2120 Blank)
(1) Position drain pan under spare tire retainer
(2) Disconnect SPARE RET pressure hose
from spare tire retainer cylinder port.
(3) Connect STE/ICE-R to SPARE RET pressure
(4) Start engine and charge air tanks
(5) Position SPARE TIRE knob to LOWER.
(6) Position FUNCTION SELECT knob
to SPARE TIRE.
(7) Push and hold PUMP plunger button
and perform STE-ICE-R Test #51
(8) If pressure is not 2,500-4,000 psi (17,237-
27,580 kPa), repair hydraulic manifold
SPARE TIRE valve (para 19-4).
(9) If pressure is 2,500-4,000 psi (17,237-
27,580 kPa), replace spare tire retainer
cylinder (para 14-5).
(10) Drain air tanks (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(11) Disconnect STE/ICE-R from pressure
(12) Connect pressure hose to spare tire retainer
(13) Close hydraulic manifold cover and install