2-45. STORAGE MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES (CONT)
(3) Start engine and idle for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes of engine idle, operate engine for 5 minutes at 1500 rpm
or until engine water temperature reaches 180F. Shift transmission slowly through all gear selector positions.
Return transmission to neutral.
(4) Move vehicle 30 feet forward and reverse.
(5) Idle engine 10 minutes before shutdown.
(6) Check grease coating on all chromium plated and unpainted surfaces. If grease was wiped from chromium plates
or unpainted surfaces when vehicle was moved, recoat these surfaces.
g. Quarterly Storage Maintenance Instructions.
(1) Move vehicle at least 1/4 mile. While driving, shift transmission through all gear ranges.
(2) Exercise all auxiliary equipment and winch. While operating winch or crane, lubricate hoist and cables.
h. Yearly Storage Maintenance Instructions.
(1) Clean exterior, engine and undercarriage. Clean interior of cab. Wash any oil or grease from tires.
(2) Visually inspect vehicle. Check lubricant levels and tire pressures. Correct all discrepancies.
(3) Lubricate chassis, auxiliary equipment, winch and hoist cable and oil can points.