3-5. CRANKCASE BREATHER REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Cab raised (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Wrench, Torque, 0-200 lb-in. (Item 58, Appendix C)
Socket Set, Socket Wrench (Item 35, Appendix C)
Rag, Wiping (Item 51, Appendix D)
Packing, Preformed (Item 184, Appendix G)
Oil, Lubricating, OE/HDO 30 (Item 46, Appendix
Wipe around fuel filter base before removing
crankcase breather housing.
comply may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Loosen hose clamp (1) on hose (2).
(2) Remove hose (2) from crankcase breather housing (3).
(3) Remove screw (4) and washer (5) from crankcase
breather housing (3).
(4) Remove crankcase breather housing (3) from fuel filter
(5) Remove preformed packing (7) from fuel filter base (6).
Discard preformed packing.