3-6. ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION OIL SAMPLING VALVES REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Cab raised (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Tools and Special Tools
Goggles, Industrial (Item 15, Appendix C)
Pan, Drain (Item 24, Appendix C)
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 44, Appendix C)
Wrench, Torque, 0-200 lb-in. (Item 58, Appendix C)
Wrench Set, Socket (Item 49, Appendix C)
Dispenser, Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tape
(Item 21, Appendix D)
Packing, Preformed (Item 166, Appendix G)
Antiseize Compound (Item 63, Appendix D)
Wear appropriate eye protection when
working under vehicle due to the
possibility of falling debris.
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Position drain pan under transmission oil sampling valve
(1) and engine oil sampling valve (2).
Tag hoses and connection points prior to
(2) Disconnect transmission oil sampling hose (3) from
transmission oil sampling valve (1).
(3) Disconnect engine oil sampling hose (4) from engine oil
sampling valve (2).
(4) Remove nut (5) and transmission oil sampling valve (1)
from bracket (6).
(5) Remove nut (7) and engine oil sampling valve (2) from