Change 1 2-1235
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Remove 12 screws, lockwashers, and
washers from raceway cover. Discard
(2) Remove two screws, lockwashers, and
washers from each end of raceway cover.
(3) Remove raceway cover from raceway.
(4) Disconnect J connector from P connector.
(5) Set multimeter to ohms.
(6) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
socket 1 of J connector.
(7) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
pin 2 of J connector and note reading on
(8) If continuity is not present, replace M1079
emergency light (para 16-58).
Perform step (2) on front raceway cover.
All emergency lights are tested the
same way. Refer to Table 2-15. M1079
Emergency Light Locations and Connector
Numbers for details. Emergency light DS78