VOLTAGE TEST (Cont)
Change 1 2-1107
Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(10) Position main light switch to OFF
(11) Install gasket on marker light base.
(12) Connect connector "P" (refer to Table 2-13.
Van Body Clearance/Marker Light Location,
Connector Number, and Splice) to
(13) Install marker light base on van body with
four lockwashers and screws.
(14) Install lens cover on marker light base with
Table 2-13. Van Body Clearance/Marker Light
Location, Connector Number, and Splice
Right Front Center
Left Front Center
Left Side Rear
Left Rear Center
Right Rear Center
Right Side Rear
(1) Remove four screws, lockwashers, and
marker light base from van body. Discard
(2) Disconnect connector "P" from connector
(3) Remove gasket from marker light base.
(4) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(5) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector "P" (refer to Table 2-13. Van
Body Clearance/Marker Light Location,
Connector Number, and Splice).
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
(7) Position main light switch to SER DRIVE
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note reading on
(8) If 12 VDC is not present, repair or replace
wire 2040 from connector "P" to splice
(refer to Table 2-13. Van Body Clearance/
Marker Light Location, Connector Number,
and Splice) (para 2-40).
(9) If 12 VDC is present, replace M1079
clearance/marker light (para 16-60).