Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(1) Remove two screws and washers from
(2) Remove screw and washer from front
(3) Remove front grille on cab.
(4) Disconnect connector P119 from
(5) Remove kick panel (para 16-3).
(6) Disconnect connector clamp from
(7) Disconnect connector P114 from WTEC III
(8) Set multimeter to ohms.
(9) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to connector J199h.
(10) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
connector P114-13 and note reading on
(11) If continuity is not present, replace WTEC
III cab transmission harness (para 7-87).
Change 1 2-1527
Loose or dirty connectors may cause
intermittent loss of power to transmission
ECU and diagnostic codes to be logged.
Ensure that all connectors are clean and tight
before performing troubleshooting. Failure to
comply may result in incorrect test results.