(1) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Verify distance between hitch pin clip on end
of sensor rod and center of cable groove in
ferrule is 4 in. (10 cm).
(3) If distance is not 4 in. (10 cm), adjust
bracket assembly to obtain correct
(9) Verify that difference between highest
(high idle) reading and lowest (low idle)
reading is between 4,000 and 6,000
(10) Verify that highest (high idle) reading does
not exceed 15,000 ohms.
(11) If resistance readings are not within limits,
replace TPS cable assembly (para 4-16).
(1) Disconnect connector P73 from TPS
(2) Set multimeter to ohms.
(3) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to TPS terminal A.
(4) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
TPS terminal C and verify multimeter reads
between 9,000-15,000 ohms across
terminals A and C.
(5) Disconnect negative (-) probe of
multimeter from terminal C.
(6) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to TPS terminal B and note record on
(7) Move governor linkage to high idle stop
and record reading on multimeter.
(8) Return governor linkage to low idle stop.
Change 1 2-1543