Change 1 2-1571
Wear approved eye protection when performing
transmission pressure checks. If oil contacts
eyes, seek medical attention immediately.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(1) Position drain pan under pressure tap.
(2) Remove main pressure tap plug and
preformed packing from control valve
(3) Connect tube to boss adapter, hose, and
pipe to tube adapter to main pressure
(4) Perform STE/ICE-R Test #50
(5) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10) and
run at idle.
(6) With parking brake applied, position
WTEC III TPSS to R position then to N
position while assistant checks reading
(7) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(8) If main oil pressure is low, notify DS
(9) Remove pipe to tube adapter, hose, and
tube to boss adapter from main pressure
(10) Position preformed packing and main
pressure tap plug in control valve
(11) Tighten main pressure tap plug to
84-120 lb-in. (9-14 N·m).
(12) Remove drain pan under pressure tap.