Wear approved eye protection when performing
transmission pressure checks. If oil contacts
eyes, seek medical attention immediately.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
Change 1 2-1577
(1) Position drain pan under pressure tap.
(2) Remove main pressure tap plug and
preformed packing from control valve
(3) Connect tube to boss adapter, hose, and
pipe to tube adapter on main pressure tap.
(4) Perform STE/ICE-R test #50
(5) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10) and run
(6) With parking brake applied, position WTEC
III TPSS to R position then to N position
while assistant checks reading on
(7) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(8) If main oil pressure is low, notify DS
(9) Remove pipe to tube adapter, hose, and
tube to boss adapter from main pressure tap.
(10) Position preformed packing and main
pressure tap plug in control valve
(11) Tighten main pressure tap plug to 84-120
lb-in. (9-14 N·m).
(12) Remove drain pan under pressure tap.