Remove rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces,
and any other jewelry before working around
vehicle. Jewelry can catch on equipment and
cause injury or short across electrical circuits
and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector clamp from
(2) Disconnect connector P115 from WTEC
(3) Set multimeter to volts DC.
(4) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector P115 socket 16.
(5) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
ground and note reading on multimeter.
(6) If 24 VDC is not present, repair wire 136
from connector P115 sockets 16 to
circuit breaker CB43 (para 2-40) or replace
WTEC III dashboard cable assembly
Change 1 2-1596.13