Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Disconnect connector clamp from connector
(2) Disconnect connector P116 from WTEC
(3) Set multimeter to ohms.
(4) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter to
connector PX33 socket R.
(5) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter to
connector P116 socket 16 and note reading
(6) If continuity is not present, repair wire 136
from connector PX33 socket R to connector
P116 socket 16 (para 2-40) or replace WTEC
III dashboard cable assembly (para 7-11).
(7) If continuity is present, replace WTEC III
ECU (para 8-7).
(8) Connect connector PX33 to WTEC III TPSS.
(9) Install instrument panel assembly (para 7-15).
Change 1 2-1596.29/(2-1596.30 Blank)