Over time a ridge will form on the
outer edge of the brake shoes.
This is normal and does not affect
brake shoe serviceability.
(3) Measure shoe clearance checking along centerline
of shoe at scallop. Rotate wheel during check.
(4) If clearance is not between .020" and .040",
adjust brakes (para 11-2 or 11-3).
(1) Jack up axle with affected brakes and support
(2) Make periodic brake applications to position
(1) Apply brakes and observe operation of brake
shoes at each front wheel.
(2) If all shoes at front wheels fail to apply, front
brake system is faulty. Perform Brake System
Troubleshooting (i6. Front Brakes Do Not Apply).