(1) Disconnect and tag air hoses to
brake chambers at wheel.
(2) Cage spring brakes on rear wheels
(3) Unscrew brake chamber(s) from hub.
(4) Remove wedge assembly from wheel.
(5) Inspect wedge spring for damage.
(6) Inspect rollers for flattening or damage.
(7) Manually check operation of wedge
assembly in plunger chamber.
(8) Insert wedge assembly into plunger chamber.
(9) Screw brake chamber onto wheel hub
(para 11-7 or 11-8).
(10) Attach air hoses to brake chamber.
(11) Uncage rear spring brakes (para 11-6).
(12) Install plunger into plunger housing, open end
(13) Align slot to accept pawl (para 11-4 or 11-5).
(14) Install pawl and pawl spring into side of plunger
(15) Install actuator, seal, and adjustment bolt into
head of plunger housing (para 11-4 or 11-5).
(16) Install brake shoes into clips on wheel
hub with leading (toe) edge of shoe fitting
slot on head of adjusting bolt. Arrow stamped
on shoe should point away from adjusting
plunger (para 11-2 or 11-3).
(17) Install return springs on brake shoes (para 11-2
(18) Install brake drum.
(19) Adjust brake shoes (para 11-2 or 11-3).
(20) Install wheel.
(21) Raise vehicle and remove trestle.