Change 1 2-1685
(1) Lift rear axle so that rear wheels are off the
ground and support with maintenance
(2) Rotate affected wheel(s) and check for
signs of contamination, oil, or grease at
brake shoe linings.
(3) If oil contamination is present, replace
wheel bearing seals (para 10-2).
(4) Lift rear axle off maintenance trestles.
(5) Remove maintenance trestles and lower
wheels to ground.
(1) Chock wheels.
(2) Release parking brake (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(3) Apply brakes and observe operation of
brake shoes at rear wheels.
(4) If brake shoes fail to apply on one side,
brake air delivery system or brake air
chamber is faulty on that side.
(5) If both rear wheel brakes apply, adjust brake
shoe clearance (para 11-3).