Overheated brakes can cause severe
burns. Perform task only when brakes
have cooled. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Wear appropriate eye protection
when working under vehicle due to
the possibility of falling debris.
Failure to comply may result in
injury to personnel.
If wheel drums are too hot for hand
touch after road test of vehicle, brakes
(1) Release parking brake (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(2) Check for presence of air at air hose to spring
brake chamber. If air is present at spring brake
chamber, replace fittings or air hose (para 11-19).
(3) Remove cover plug from caging hole at back of
spring brake chamber (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(4) With flashlight directed at caging hole, apply and
release parking brake. Check if spring retracts
when air is supplied by releasing parking brake.
If brake does not cage (retract) when air is
supplied to spring brake chamber, replace spring
brake chamber (para 11-8).
(5) Replace plug in caging hole of spring brake
chamber (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(6) Apply parking brake (TM 9-2320-365-10).