Change 1 2-1899
(1) Check oil level according to (Appendix H).
(2) Remove axle differential fill plug.
(3) Insert finger into axle differential to check
(4) Remove axle differential drain plug.
(5) Allow differential oil to drain into pan.
(6) Check oil for contamination. If metal chips
are present, notify DS Maintenance.
(7) Install axle differential drain plug.
(8) Fill axle differential with oil (Appendix H).
(9) Install axle differential fill plug.
(1) Check axle differential for loose, missing,
or damaged hardware.
(2) If axle differential is damaged, Notify DS
(3) Check drive shaft and bearing caps for
(4) If drive shaft is loose, perform Propeller Shaft
Troubleshooting (g1. Drive Shaft or Universal
Joint Unusually Noisy When Operating).